Pondicherry or Puducherry as it is called now is a beautiful place with awesome beaches. There are lot of places to visit in Pondicherry, go there if you want to get your taste of the French. But for you vegetarians that feel you will be left behind in this awesome union territory of India because of its French influence and sea side cuisine that includes different kind of sea food. Here is a list of 20 vegetarian places you can visit when you are there. In my last 10 visits to Pondicherry I have attempted all of these vegetarian restaurants listed below:
20 Best Vegetarian Restaurant You Must Visit in Pondicherry
1. #Dilliwaala6: This awesome restaurant in White Town in Puducherry is a famous vegetarian restaurant that serves up awesome north Indian cuisine that is perfect for the north Indian stomach. They are famous for their paneer dishes, and vada pav. So go ahead and indulge your taste buds.
Address: 6, Rue De La Marine, White Town, Puducherry
Phone: 0413 4201223
2. A2B: Also known as Adyar Ananda Bhavan is a chain of restaurants that is popular across the south of India, primarily in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. Go there to satisfy your south Indian cravings of idli, dosa, mini idli. pongal or sambar bhaat. It is time you grab your own plate.
Address: 1, Near Mankula Vinayagar Temple, Jawaharlal Nehru Street, White Town, Puducherry
Phone: 0413 2223333
Source : Jdmagicbox
3. Surguru: If you are looking for thali’s this is the perfect place for you. Near the Aurobino Ashram, this place serves up very nice combo meals and awesome dosas. Get your taste buds tentilized with south or north Indian food that you crave for.
Address: 104, Sardar Vallabhai Patel Salai, Near Aurobindo Ashram, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone: 0413 2339022/0413 2227290
Source : https://ui.cltpstatic.com/places/hotels/7220/722030/images/Hotel_Surguru_Pondicherry_w.jpg
4. Eden Garden: This place dishes up wonderful pizzas and ice creams for you to enjoy some casual times with friends or family. Nutty crunch ice cream or nuttella ice cream and more are just some of the options. Do try their pizzas and pastas as well.
Address: 414, MG Road, Puducherry
Phone: +91 8056175117/0413 4201271
Source : data:image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxISEhUSEhMWFhUVFhcXFRgXGBgYGxgXFRoYFxcXGBgYHyggGholGxgWITEhJSkrLi4uFyAzODMsNygtLisBCgoKDg0OGhAQGisdHR8tLS0rKy0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLSstLS0tLS0tKy0rLTcrLf/AABEIAKgBLAMBIgACEQEDEQH/x
5. The ThickShake Factory: Refresh yourself in this beautiful place and enjoy awesome shakes and mocktails. This is the perfect place for you to hang out at with friends for those beautiful concoctions that they come up with.
Address: 17, Ground Floor, Opposite Santhigiri Ayurveda & Sindha Hospital, S.V.Patel Salai, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone: +91 9940048936
6. Richy Rich: Come here if you want to indulge in their ice creams and if you have a sweet tooth. Their sandwiches are also pretty famous for the ones that want to accompany you and do not necessarily enjoy the ice cream world.
Address: Goubert Avenue, White Town, Puducherry
Phone Numbers: +91 9025252210/+91 9025252212
7. New Bombay Anand Bhavan: As a self service place they have been quite successful. Come here if you want your regular dosas and idlis to fill your tummy with the whole yumminess of the good old south Indian cuisine.
Address: 206, Nehru Street, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 2228293
8. Hotel Karthik: Come here to satisfy your craving for north and south Indian dishes. Whether it is an idli or dosa, or a malai kofta they have it all here. So, go ahead and order your favourites here.
Address: 20, Rangapillai Street, Ambour Salai Street, MG Road, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 4201633
9. Mother’s Grace Restaurant & Juice-e Bar: Located close to auroville this beautiful place is perfect for you to hang out find some great north Indian cuisine. If you are vegan, look no further. This is the perfect place for you. Their pani puri and panneer dishes are things to be spoken about; and are being spoken about in all their reviews.
Address: Shop 3, 130/16, Kuyilapalayam, Villupuram District, Auroville, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 2623276
10. Asoka: Though the ambiance might not entice you, go there for the food. Or better still go there for the softies and sundaes.
Address: 70, Mission Street, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone Numbers: 0413 2253375 / 0413 6458375
11. The Haveli – Hotel Annamalai International: Come here for a hearty thali. South Indian thalis are particularly popular here, so try some and feel great about the architecture as well. It rests in one of the bigger hotels in Puducherry. Fill your stomach, fill your soul.
Address: Hotel Annamalai International, 479, Kamaraj Salai, Saram, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone number: 041 32247001
12. India Coffee House: The India Coffee House is not just a hotel; it is heritage. So come here to feel that and enjoy your snack items while you do. Get yourself a cold coffee and their famous iddiyappam and revel in the history this place holds.
Address: 116, Vazhudavur Road, Thelaspet, Gandhinagar, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 2211015
13. Madhuram: Come here if you want to be treated well and given great food after. As a place that is usually full. Get yourself a seat at this restaurant to get all that you want in south Indian cuisine. Though they also have north Indian food, their south Indian fare shines brighter.
Address: Abirami Residency, 92, Anna Salai, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone number:0413 2229881
14. The Gaanesh Restaurant: This is a local joint that doesn’t boast of much other than regular food. So if you want food with no fuss this is your place. Quick in and quick out, that is Gaanesh functions. So don’t go looking for frills here. Focus your energy on south Indian dishes here.
Address: 158, Cuddalore Main Road, Mudaliarpet, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 2357203
15. Rajas Iddly Kada: Get to this place if you want good food but do not care about the ambiance or the wait. This is your perfect place if you want an interesting south indian fair of idlies and dosas. If you are craving that, this is the place for it.
Address: #9, 45 Feet Road Extension., Venkateswara Nagar, Saram, White Town, Puducherry
Phone number:+91 9003655559
16. Hotel Hari Tea & Coffee bar: This is a no frills place. So, come here only if you want the basic idli and dosa. But the benefit is that it opens really early. And if you are looking to find food fast and leave this place is perfect.
Address: 15, Bussy Street, Opposite PWD Office, White Town, Puducherry
Phone number: +91 9790177745
17. Hotel Archanas: If you are looking for great food but not so great ambience, then this is the place for you. Go here if you are a fan of idlis, dosas and sambar.
Address: 197, Anna Salai, Arabindo Street Corner, Heritage Town, Puducherry
Phone number: +91 9003547888
18. Sri Balaji Café: Go here for their famous mini idly and vazhapoo utthappam. It is a no nonsense place where you get served immediately and go on your way. If that is the kind of place you are looking for, this place is for you.
Address: 1, Opposite Puducherry, MG Road, Puducherry
Phone number: +91 9789191066
Source :Balaji Cafe
19. Hotel Araya Bhavan: Come here for all the goodness of a south Indian fair. Equipped with quick service and reasonably priced food, this is the perfect place for a quick tiffin.
Address: 76, 100 Ft Road, Ellipilliaichavady, Gandhinagar, Puducherry
Phone number: 0413 6590515
20. Legumes: The lunch buffets is this place are pretty popular, especially the Tamil Nadu and Punjabi buffet.
Address: Accord Puducherry, 1, Thilagar Nagar, Ellaipillaichavady, Gandhinagar, Puducherry
Phone Numbers: 0413 2299000 / +91 8489977715
So, in my next visit to Pondicherry I am going to explore a lot more places that you would love to read through, tell me in the comment section below, which is your favorite most restaurant from the above.